Valli Giudicarie e Rendena

  • Tione

    Austro-Hungarian War Cemetery of Bondo

    The Austro-Hungarian War Cemetery is a memorial cemetery for soldiers of the Austro-Hungarian Empire who died in the First World War. It was built in 1916 in the Giudicarie Valleys, between the…

  • Lomaso

    Campo Castle

    The Campo Castle, in the Giudicarie Esteriori, stands on a rocky outcrop between the Duina torrent to the west and the Rio Rezola to the east, isolated from the forest and the…

  • Dorsino

    Dorsino

    Dorsino is a town of 430 inhabitants. The municipality of Dorsino consists of three hamlets: Dorsino, Tavodo and Andogno. Once upon a time Dorsino and Andogno were autonomous municipalities. Tavodo is home…

  • Lardaro

    Fort Corno

    Fort Corno is an Austro-Hungarian fortress. The fort belongs to the "Larraro di Lardaro" of the "Subrayon III" of the great system of Austrian fortifications on the Italian border. The fortress was…

  • Lardaro

    Fort Larino

    Fort Larino is an Austro-Hungarian military fort, located in Lardaro in the Province of Trento, in the Chiese Valley. It was built in a place where the Chiese Valley narrows, allowing for…

  • Molveno

    Lake Molveno

    A ‘precious pearl in an even more precious treasure chest’, as it was described by the poet Fogazzaro, Lake Molveno is a natural alpine lake that was formed around 4,000 years ago…

  • Nembia

    Lake Nembia

    Lake Nembia is just 400m long and 120m wide, and is rather shallow. The small basin lies 1km to the south of Lake Molveno, at the foot of the Brenta Dolomites. Both…

  • Madonna di Campiglio

    Madonna di Campiglio

    The first written documents that mention Madonna di Campiglio place the town’s foundation at around 1190; at that time a monk named Raimondo decided to found a monastery/hospice for wayfarers to atone…

  • Rango

    Rango

    The toponym Rango derives from the Celtic mainsail that means "limit": in fact the village, in addition to being the limit of the Pieve del Bleggio, was the last inhabited fraction before…

  • Stenico

    Stenico Castle

    Stenico Castle is one of the most ancient castles in Trentino and was once of huge strategic importance. It was built on an elevated rocky outcrop, from which you get a magnificent…

  • Madonna di Campiglio - Molveno

    The Brenta Dolomites

    The only group of mountains in the Dolomites located to the west of the River Adige, the Brenta Dolomites span approximately 40km from north to south, and approximately 12km from east to…

  • Dolomiti di Brenta

    The Brenta Dolomites Woods

    These woods are set against the backdrop of the Brenta Dolomites, which can be seen from the side of Andalo and Molveno, as well as Madonna di Campiglio.

  • Val Rendena - Val di Genova

    The Nardis Waterfall

    The Nardis Waterfall stems from the Presanella glacier, pouring water into the valley from a height of 921m, and free falling through 130m. In the winter it freezes over completely. The waterfall…

  • Madonna di Campiglio

    The Vallesinella Waterfall

    The River Sarca di Vallesinella forms a series of three picturesque waterfalls (upper, middle and lower). Around a kilometre away from Vallesinella is a track off the main road that winds down…

  • Val Daone, Valli Giudicarie

    Waterfalls