The Campo Castle, in the Giudicarie Esteriori, stands on a rocky outcrop between the Duina torrent to the west and the Rio Rezola to the east, isolated from the forest and the very steep banks of the two rivers. In 1163 the castle is mentioned for the first time in an official document. The first wooden tower was replaced little by little stone and masonry buildings and a first round stone tower around 1200. The chapel of St. Nicholas was added to it and, around 1400, the second round tower. In the 1300 passed between an infinite number of conflicts and battles. These devastations led in 1439 to the almost complete destruction of Castel Campo, which was then rebuilt between 1444 and 1457.
32 km - 38m