The central piazza of Rovereto is characterised by two important pieces of architecture: the fountain and the Renaissance palace behind it.
The piazza, which was inaugurated in 1852, saw the addition of its large circular fountain in 1895, made by the then ‘Società di Abbellimento’. The fountain symbolises the abundance of water in Rovereto, which owes most of its financial wealth to the element. Behind the fountain is the Renaissance Palazzo Ben – Conti d’Arco. The wide portico characterising the building was decorated in the early 20th century by Augusto Sezanne, who also decorated Porta S. Marco and the Palazzo del Municipio in the same period. The palace, which houses the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Trento e Rovereto, is also home to the Accademia degli Agiati: a cultural institution founded in 1750 by five young intellectuals.
25 km - 27m